Project:’ East Jerusalem Youth: Agents of Change
Resilience and Tourism: Community-Led Approach
Funded by: European Union and the lead applicant the Dan Church Aid (DCA), and the Norwegian Church Aid (NCA).
Masar Ibrahim Al Khalil (MIAK)
Young Men’s Christian Association (YMCA)
Palestinian Vision (PALVISION)
Role of Masar Ibrahim Al Khalil:
Develop a community based touristic route in 50km distance in East Jerusalem to be linked with Masar Ibrahim Al Khalil.
Project Duration: June2019 – November 2022
Project Location: Occupied Palestinian Territory-East Jerusalem, (Old City Jerusalem, At Tur, Aizaryah/east of EJ and Biddou, Qbeiba, Beit Anan, Beit Doqqu, Beit Sourik/northwest of EJ.
Involve the targeted community members in participating and contributing to fulfilling their economic, political, cultural and social rights.
Maintain national identity, connect isolated communities and to challenge the movement’s limitations
Mechanism of Action:
- Raise community awareness about community based tourism through visits and meetings in the community.
- Develop the infrastructure and establish a new walk trail of 50 km distance in order to link the EJ communities to the communities along the Masar Ibrahim Al Khalil.
- Developing facilities and services for the benefit of the new trail.
- Building the capacity of service providers and ensuring quality control of services.
- Promoting and marketing of the new trail.
- Give the leadership role to local councils to manage the track and to attract hikers.
Increased economic and employment opportunities in 8 communities (Old city, At Tur, Al-‘Eizariya and Biddu, Al-Qubeiba Beit ‘Anan Beit Duqqu, and Beit Sourik) through community- based tourism.
Amira Jaber , Action Manager , Masar Ibrahim al Khalil
+970 (0)2 277 5045
+970 (0)2 277 5024