How to reach Masar Ibrahim al-Khalil?
Unless you are planning to arrive to the Middle East on foot from your home country, you will most likely use some combination of plane, car, and public transportation to reach the Masar Ibrahim al-Khalil from outside of the region. This page provides an overview of transportation to and within each region; additional information can be found on each region page.
FROM TLV AIRPORT:
When arriving by air, travelers often choose flights to TLV Airport. From there they could get to Jerusalem by:
- Taking a taxi service
- Shared taxi can be found in Terminal 3 or to the right when exiting the airport. Nesher Tours will also provide transportation from the airport to Jerusalem; make sure to set a specific destination point in the city before leaving the airport (cost ~ 65 NIS).
- Travelers can also take public transportation. Ride with bus #485 to Jerusalem Central Bus Station. There is also the option to take a 30-minute train from the airport to Malha Station.The train station in the airport can be found on Level S, the lowest floor, but tickets can be purchased on Level G, the ground floor.
Once in Jerusalem, travelers will need to change a mean of transportation to get from Jerusalem into the West Bank.
- Buses to Bethlehem (#231 via Beit Jala to Bab Zukak Junction and #234 to the 300 checkpoint) and Ramallah (#218) can be taken from the Damascus Gate Bus Station (cost ~ 8 NIS). The station can be reached with the light train (tram) from Jerusalem Central Bus Station area.
- Bus / shared taxi to Hebron can be found at Bab Zukak Junction (cost 9 NIS)
- Shared taxis to Jericho (~25 NIS), Ramallah (~18 NIS), Al-’Azariya (~10 NIS), Tuqu’ (~5 NIS), Al-Ubeydiya (~5 NIS) can be found at the bus station located in the center of Bethlehem (Nativity Street).
- Shared taxis to Artas can be found in the bus station located behind the Nativity Church (Manger Square)
- For detailed information check Bethlehem Region Page
- There are shared taxis to Nablus, Hebron, Jericho and smaller villages in the region of Ramallah. Jenin can be reached via Nablus.
FROM ALLENBY BRIDGE:
- For those coming from Jordan it is possible to take a bus to Jericho. There is transportation to other locations from Jericho. For more information check Jericho Region page.