Communications Officer Volunteer
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Oversee the development and implementation of Masar Ibrahim al-Khalil’s (MIAK) communication strategy and plans.
– Manage and monitor the utilization of funds earmarked for use of communication purposes.
– Co-ordinate communication of activities with unit heads and senior management team public Advocacy.
– Maintain an effective relationship with communication officials in other NGOs, relevant government ministries, and collaborates with them as appropriate.
– Co-ordinate the launching of publications (Annual Report, press releases). Support public outreach initiatives.
– Disseminate press releases, success stories and key policy messages to journalists’ representatives of the media with whom solid partnerships should be sought.
– To actively manage the social media and website channels of MIAK.
– Develop short films and videos on walks and activities.
– Conduct interviews with local and international walkers.
– Native English speaker with strong writing and editing skills.
– A minimum of bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, development, management, or a relevant field.
– Experience with Media a plus.
– Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
– Strong consultative communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
– Content production skills and experience in one or more platforms (Writing, Photography, Video, etc).
– Basic web design skills or experience.
– Familiarity with a range of digital software or ability to learn quickly (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, etc).
– Knowledge of social media best practices.
– Patience and problem-solving skills.
– Love of the outdoors, hiking, and community-oriented travel.
This volunteer position is an immediate and ongoing opportunity that will be based in Beit Sahour, Palestine. Accomodation will be provided for free.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and a CV to email@example.com. Due to the number of applications we usually receive, it is unfortunately not possible to respond to each candidate that does not fit the requirements.