Title: Project Field Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director/Project Manager
Location: Beit Sahour, Main Office
Status: Full Time
Starting date: to be announced
No. of Positions: 2
Masar Ibrahim Al Khalil (MIAK) is a non-profit community-based tourism union that delineates, and develops Masar Ibrahim in and around different Palestinian localities. The organization endorses cultural diversity and exchange, safeguards tradition and heritage, inspires storytelling and encourages friendships based on the advancement of human values and the preservation of the surrounding environment and the people’s needs for further growth and education. MIAK works closely and jointly with local communities to cultivate their resources, capacities and the opportunity for a better life.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform needed outreach activities and visits to the targeted communities.
- Provide technical support to the Project Manager in all project related outreach activities.
- Serve as a primary contact person for the project participants and will coordinate their participation in the project, including training modules, follow up, mentoring and community projects identification and implementation.
- Support liaising with the local communities and local CBOs during the project.
- Collect data and establish date base for project stakeholders, submit progress reports and make logistics arrangements in cooperation with other project staff.
- Provide activity plans as per MIAK manual.
- Conduct frequent travel within West Bank villages and maintain good working relationships with the program stakeholders including community leaders, relevant government bodies, CBOs, and communities.
- Follow up on implementation of the community activities through local CBO sub-grants with project participants and local community engagement.
- Document all program activities, achievements and challenges in weekly and monthly reports.
- Provide logistic, organizational support for trainings, monitoring and evaluation, community mobilization and other project events.
- Participate in relevant coordination meetings.
- Provide support when needed to all project team
- Comply with MIAK manuals and procedures
- Provide timesheets for duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of: principles and techniques of supervision, procurement, personnel development, event planning, audio-visual systems and other equipment and practices typical to the project; word processing, Excel, Microsoft Project.
Special job requirements:
- Must have driving license.
- Ability for frequent travel as needed.
- Available to work with varied schedules including extensive afternoons and weekends as needed.
- Resident of Bethlehem area.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or any other related field.
- Minimum three years of experience in project management, with NGO’s is preferable.
- Ability to run the day to day Organization activities and work under pressure.
- Ability to write detailed project’s reports.
- Ability to coordinate between different staff members and different departments and be a good team member.
- Ability to prepare all filing and documentations for all of the organization’s work.
- Knowledge and high ability to use MS Office programs.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (writing and oral). French is a plus
- For more details and application form, please click on the following link and fill the Job Application Form: https://forms.gle/oanXNkCDUTWJuPAU8
- After filling the Job Application Form please send your CV and Cover Letter in English by email to: vacancies[at]masaribrahim[dot]ps
- The Subject of the email should be Project Field Coordinator.
- Deadline: Sunday, April 12, 2020
- Without filling the Job Application Form and sending the CV and Cover Letter, the application will NOT be considered.
- Applications that do not meet the specified minimum requirements or those that will be received after the closing date will NOT be considered.
- Only short-listed will be contacted.