Masar Ibrahim Al Khalil
Reports to: Financial & Administrative Manager
Location: Beit Sahour, Main Office
Status: Full Time
Starting date: as soon as possible
Masar Ibrahim Al Khalil (MIAK) is a non-profit community-based tourism union that delineates, and develops Masar Ibrahim in and around different Palestinian localities. The organization endorses cultural diversity and exchange, safeguards tradition and heritage, inspires storytelling and encourages friendships based on the advancement of human values and the preservation of the surrounding environment and the people’s needs for further growth and education. MIAK works closely and jointly with local communities to cultivate their resources, capacities and the opportunity for a better life.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- A minimum 3 years overall professional experience.
- Uses Arabic and English with high proficiency.
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination
- Experience with international development organizations is an added value.
- Ability to handle multi tasks.
- Personal qualities of Confidentiality, Time Management integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of MIAK.
- Valid driving license.
- For more details and application form, please click on the following link and fill the Job Application Form: https://forms.gle/SUsmvVRAqj5DRnHy9
- After filling the Job Application Form please send your CV and Cover Letter in English by email to: vacancies[at]masaribrahim[dot]ps
- The Subject of the email should be Accountant.
- Deadline: Friday, January 10, 2020
- Without filling the Job Application Form and sending the CV and Cover Letter, the application will NOT be considered.
- Applications that do not meet the specified minimum requirements or those that will be received after the closing date will NOT be considered.
- Only short-listed will be contacted.