- Posted by:
- Category: Vacancies
Masar Ibrahim Al Khalil
Title: Outreach Field Coordinator
Reports to: Action Manager
Location: Beit Sahour, Main Office
Status: Part Time
Duration: 39 months
Starting date: Immediately
Masar Ibrahim Al Khalil (MIAK) is a non-profit community-based tourism union that delineates, and develops Masar Ibrahim in and around different Palestinian localities. The organization endorses cultural diversity and exchange, safeguards tradition and heritage, inspires storytelling and encourages friendships based on the advancement of human values and the preservation of the surrounding environment and the people’s needs for further growth and education. MIAK works closely and jointly with local communities to cultivate their resources, capacities and the opportunity for a better life.
Agents of Change is a project funded by European Union through the Danish Church Aid (DCA) targeting East Jerusalem Youth. The project is based on introducing Resilience and Tourism as a community-led intervention that will contribute to the overall objective: “The development of resilient communities in East and northwest of Jerusalem to be able to withstand shocks and mitigate protection threats while preserving the Palestinian character of the areas”. An important element is the focus on community-based tourism as a mechanism to respond to challenges the community face. Targeted communities in this project will be old city of Jerusalem; At Tur, Ezaryah- East Jerusalem AND Biddou, Qbeiba, Beit Anan, Beit doqqu, Beit Sourik- Northwest of Jerusalem.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to the Action Manager for its outreach activities.
- Serve as a primary contact person for the project participants and will coordinate their participation in the project, including training modules, follow up, mentoring and community projects identification and implementation.
- Will support in liaising with the local communities and local CBOs during the project.
- Collect data, submit progress reports and make logistics arrangements in cooperation with other project staff.
- Conduct frequent travel within west bank villages and maintain good working relationships with the program stakeholders including community leaders, relevant government bodies, CBOs, and communities.
- Follow up on implementation of the community activities through local CBO sub-grants with project participants and local community engagement.
- Document all program activities, achievements and challenges in weekly and monthly reports.
- Provide logistic, organizational support for trainings, monitoring and evaluation, community mobilization and other project events.
- Participate in relevant coordination meetings.
- Establish a database for all the stakeholders.
- Provide needed support for all project team.
- Provide a timesheet for duties in which communities.
- Provide activity plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of: principles and techniques of supervision, procurement, personnel development, event planning, audio-visual systems and other equipment and practices typical to the project; word processing, Excel, MS-Project.
Special Working Conditions:
- Must have driving license.
- Frequent travel as needed, to provide oversight and assistance for on-site project.
- Must be available to work with varied schedules including extensive afternoons and weekends as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Field and Outreach coordination or any other related field.
- Three years of experience in outreach and field coordination, with NGO’s is preferable.
- Ability to run the day-to-day Organization activities and work under pressure.
- Ability to write detailed project’s reports.
- Ability to coordinate between different staff members and different departments and be a good team member.
- Ability to prepare all filing and documentations for all of the organization’s work.
- Ability to develop and write all MOU and contracts for MIAK.
- Knowledge and high ability to use MS Office programs.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (writing and oral).
- For more details and application form, please click on the following link and fill the Job Application Form: https://forms.gle/tbkKKkJAytFvSkuy8
- After filling the Job Application Form please send your CV and Cover Letter in English by email to: hr[at]masaribrahim[dot]ps
- The Subject of the email should be Outreach Field Coordinator.
- Deadline: Sunday, September 1, 2019
- Without filling the Job Application Form and sending the CV and Cover Letter, the application will NOT be considered.
- Applications that do not meet the specified minimum requirements or those that will be received after the closing date will NOT be considered.
- Only short-listed will be contacted.