Communications Officer Volunteer
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the development and implementation of Masar Ibrahim Al-Khalil’s (MIAK) communication strategy and plans.
- Manage and monitor the utilization of funds earmarked for use of communication purposes.
- Co-ordinate communication of activities with unit heads and senior management team public Advocacy.
- Maintain an effective relationship with communication officials in other NGOs, relevant government ministries, and collaborates with them as appropriate.
- Co-ordinate the launching of publications (Annual Report, press releases). Support public outreach initiatives.
- Disseminate press releases, success stories and key policy messages to journalists’ representatives of the media with whom solid partnerships should be sought.
- To actively manage the social media and website channels of MIAK.
- Develop short films and videos on walks and activities.
- Conduct interviews with local and international walkers.
- Native English speaker with strong writing and editing skills.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, development, management, or a relevant field.
- Experience with Media a plus.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Strong consultative communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Content production skills and experience in one or more platforms (Writing, Photography, Video, etc).
- Basic web design skills or experience.
- Familiarity with a range of digital software or ability to learn quickly (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, etc).
- Knowledge of social media best practices.
- Patience and problem-solving skills.
- Love of the outdoors, hiking, and community-oriented travel.
This volunteer position is an immediate and ongoing opportunity that will be based in Beit Sahour, Palestine. Accomodation will be provided for free.